[3830] SAC CW ZL4BR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, zl2br@ihug.co.nz
Subject: [3830] SAC CW ZL4BR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:57:49 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: ZL4BR
Operator(s): ZL4BR
Station: ZL4BR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: New Plymouth
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:    4     3
   40:   38    19
   20:   60    23
   15:    5     4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  107    49  Total Score = 9,359

Club:

Comments:

I have supported this contest for many years and find it's hard at times to
break through the wall of European stations. This year with low flux and poor
conditions it was even more difficult, but at the same time often extremely
satisfying to break the Eu pile-ups and grab another OH or SM, and even the
JW7.

Sure it's fun and pretty easy to whizz along at 100+ q's an hour but even that
can get mundane after a while. So this year although only making 107 qso's in 10
hours may seem to a lot of people that I had a real miserable dull time, I
really didn't. And whatmore I still enjoyed the challenge and thrill of the
hunt.

Out of all the stations heard, only missed out on three. There was no late
afternoon/early evening LP opening on 20m, but 40m had a few good moments.
Expected 15m to be open via SP early evening but didn't hear anything on that
band until around 0930utc.

Rig: TS-2000 + AL80B
3el tribander, 7MHz GP, 80m dp

73, Frank ZL4BR