[3830] WAE SSB 4L0G M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB 4L0G M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 03:00:31 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: 4L0G
Operator(s): 4L0ABC, 4L4CR, 4L2M
Station: 4L0G

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Tbilisi
Operating Time (hrs): 40

   80:  178         128
   40:  425         126
   20: 1073          96
   15:   29          26
   10:    4           8
-------------------------
Total: 1709  1334   384  Total Score = 1,204,992

Club: NARG

Comments:

To start with that we nearly have missed the entire contest?tower and antenna
(OB-16) were put just 3 hours before the contest .. After the whole day of work
we were exhausted (not smart way but?) and had no sleep at all. After some good
run on 20m in the morning, power went off for almost 6 hours (this is in the
village in West Georgia) and although we had a generator we decided that better
to sleep. Anyway there was no propagation on 10 and 15m both days at least for
us. After that 20m was good again and next we had pretty good pileup on 40m.
Night towards the morning was disappointing again on both  80 and 40m, though on
both bands we had terrible antennas (with SWRs more than 2). In total I think we
had a good fun, OK result and despite the fact that we were extremely tired from
very beginning we really enjoy the contest. Thanks to everyone we had QSO with
and who was trying to reach us. We hope to do better in CQ WW
See you in the CQ WW.....