[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 17:14:59 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:   11   19       6       3     4
   40:   51  108      22      11    11
   20:  199  479      35      46    24
   15:  100  222      35      18    24
   10:    4   12       0       2     2
Total:  365  840      91      80    55  Total Score = 189,840

Club:

Comments:

FT920
N1MM Logger + MMTTY (both flawless all weekend)
3-ele CL33 at 45'
40M twin delta loops
80M delta loop

Up and down conditions here in southern B.C. Low bands weren't good either
night, although I was surprised to be called by VK2KM and work CT3EN. Could only
manage a small handful of EU contacts on 40. I found 80M to be rubbish this year
-- not even close to last year's conditions.

Had a few new-to-me ones -- Suriname, Ethiopia and Corsica, and that always adds
to the pleasure of a contest.

I made 4 Qs on 10M, up from 0 last year. Overall performance was less than half
of last year's points, 2/3 the contacts, but my zone total is up by 2 (55 from
53). Difference was in the number of 3-point DX contacts... QSO points were
1,700 down to 840 this year.

Had fun for the cycle position. There's always next year. Well, the year after
solar min perhaps.