[3830] TxQP KE5C/M SO CW Mobile HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke5c@hot.rr.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP KE5C/M SO CW Mobile HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:03:24 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: KE5C/M
Operator(s): KE5C
Station: KE5C/M

Class: SO CW Mobile HP
QTH: central texas
Operating Time (hrs): 1:15

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   47     0       0
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   47     0       0  Mults = 20  Total Score = 1,980

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

the hurricane interfered with a lot of tqp plans this year.  what the hurricane
didn't destroy, the rtty contest did.  "qrl?" for many rtty contesters must mean
sending 'qrl?' in rtty, and if no response (in rtty of course), then calling cq
while being sure to overdrive the amp as much as possible.  sorry for the rant,
well, not really.  today i made a trip to help k5tr do some antenna work on his
15 meter tower, and i operated on the way down.  it was 108 to 111 on the car
thermometer.  we checked the nws site for austin, and it was 106 when we did -
about 8 degrees above the previous record.  so a lot went against the tqp this
year, but we gritted out as many opportunities and contacts as possible.  i also
operated yesterday as ke5c from my home qth in bell county and as ke5c/p from
nu5d's second qth in the countryside of coryell county.  today for a while i was
ke5c/m in bell county before hitting williamson, travis, and finally blanco.
that is a different station than ke5c, so you should be able to count both
qso's.  come back and work texas next year, y'all hear!