[3830] SAC SSB OH6XX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB OH6XX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 01:33:02 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OH6XX
Operator(s): OH6XX, OH6GLE
Station: OH6XX

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:  190    42
   40:  253    53
   20:  781    71
   15:  132    43
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1357   210  Total Score = 647,010

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Another field day style operation by us. 8 hours of building, 24 hours of
operating and another 4 hours of dismantling the station. Great not to hear any
auroral tones at all during whole weekend. The high bands could have been better
but that wasn't to be.

Set target to 1600 q's and 260 mult's but that would have needed 10m to be open.

Only 10m QSO was with ES5TV using ground wave or tropo conditions.

15m was kind of open but not to high populated areas like central Europe and NA.
Only N3RD was neard on 15m calling OH8NC on the last hour.

20m was the band to be in, over half of the QSO's were made there.

On 40 meters we had such crap antenna that in CQWW with that thing we would get
laughed out the band for sure. It was sloping dipole and that just isn't enough
on 40m. If we can't get anything better before CQWW we don't have to operate 40m
at all.

On 80m be had a dipole at 60 meters AGL. And as the QTH is a hilltop place the
dipole performs very well.

We tried to move every multiplier possible and thanks to who moved. Too bad the
night time in SAC is really boring if you don't have station like OH8NC, OH8LQ
(the kind one can work NA on 20m all night even if there is no conditions).
Making 10-15 QSO's per hour for few hours just isn't fun. Maybe NRAU should do
something to the rules, maybe allowing everyone work everyone with Scandinavian
stations being mults. That would make SAC more interesting for everyone. One has
to appreciate guys like PY5EG who spend half of weekend just to make 200+
QSO's.

Thanks for the QSO's.