[3830] CQ WW RTTY A45WD(YO9HP) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY A45WD(YO9HP) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:28:19 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: A45WD
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: A45WD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Oman
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   80:   71   206       1       29     9
   40:  210   601      15       59    21
   20:  315   909      18       63    24
   15:  757  2167      29       82    26
   10:  179   501       4       49    16
Total: 1532  4384      67      282    96  Total Score = 1,950,880

Club:

Comments:

Great contest!
The propagation and the participation were much better than expected. Since
running low power, I was afraid I have to S & P all contest, even if A4 was a
multiplier for everybody. But I managed some good runs of JA-s on 10 m (Saturday
morning) and Europe (mainly DL station) on Sunday evening. I am still far of
A61AJ score on this band (they made more than 500 Q-s), but better than my
expectations. I was surprised to be called by K4GMH and K1TTT on 10 m, breaking
the European pile-up.
The best band for me was 15 m, with hundreds of EU stations and even some good
USA multipliers. There is no contest I miss Phil GU0SUP, but this time I saw SUP
combination only couple of times through QRM and I could not get the full
confirmation. Sorry Phil!
The 20 m band did not work well. It was very difficult to hold the frequency and
most of my CQ-s remained un-answered. Fortunately the band stayed open quite
late on Saturday evening, so I chased some new multipliers. It was different on
Sunday evening, when the band died at about 17:00 Z.
The low bands were very quiet and I am happy with the 71 Q-s I did on 80 m.
Usually I can not work more than 20-30 stations/contest on this band.
I am sorry I missed AA5AU on 40 m, but I saw his callsign on the screen, worked
by other USA stations and I knew he is back in business, even with a small
setup.
Sunday evening I went too late on 80 m to catch the JA-s around 3524 KHz, but I
managed to work VK6HD on both 80 and 40 m.
I missed the morning openings to North America on 80 and 40 m, due to my working
hours.
Finally I operated the contest approx. 32 hours, taking 8 hours rest and
?acting? in my office approx. 8 hours (yes, Saturday and Sunday are working days
here).
Thank everybody for calling me and for patience to wait for A4 multiplier.
Despite the predictions related to the end of cycle 23, CQ-WW-RTTY 2005 was a
great contest.
See you in Makrothen and JARTS, both from home QTH, running HP.
Alex, A45WD ? YO9HP ? YR9P.