[3830] Oceania SSB K5KG SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5kg@arrl.org, fcg@kkn.net,vkcc@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB K5KG SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 06:42:14 -0700
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: K5KG
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: K5KG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FLORIDA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:
   80:
   40:  19     11
   20:
   15:   9      6
   10:
-------------------
Total:  28     17  Total Score = 1,921

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Was interested in working the Oceania contest to get an understanding of band
condx, since we will be working CQWW CW in November as VK2GC from the VK2MB club
stn.  Only able to find VK and ZL stations on 40 and 15; tried 10 and 20, but
nothing heard.  Highlight was chatting with VK2CZ, as we have been coordinating
our visit to VK with David.  VK2CZ was consistently the loudest VK on 40m.  Was
pleased to be able to have VK and ZL stations answer our CQs on 40m.   15m
opening at 23-00z was interesting, given overall poor band condx.  Best DX was
VK6ANC on 40 and VK8AV on 15.  ZL6QH was loud on his JA antenna, but absolutely
booming when he switched to his NA antenna.  Looking forward to working this
contest again during better solar condx.  73, George K5KG / VK2GC.