[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K6LL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ll@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint RTTY K6LL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 10:01:54 -0700
                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   28
   40:  181
   20:   62
---------------------

Club:

Team: SWACC

Comments:

I don't do that much RTTY contesting, and don't use Writelog much, so there was
a lot of fumble-fingering, especially at the start.

People sure disappeared from 20 in a hurry. Later, everyone seemed to abandon 40
and go to 80 at the same time. I didn't plan on going to 80, and haven't yet put
down the ground radials under the vertical yet for the contest season. It worked
out ok, though.

It looks like all ten members of the SWACC team were in there slugging it out,
even K5AM, who had some huge lightning storms around his mountaintop cabin, and
had warned us that he might have to bail out.

This is a fun event, totally different from any other contest. More people
should give it a whirl. Four hours of it is just right. Thanks for all the
QSO's, and see you in the RTTY Roundup.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL