[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:17:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Kenai, Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:  147    10       14
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Single band 160 SSB for the first run from the new QTH after the move
to Southcentral Alaska from Two Rivers in the Arctic. Only antenna up
is a 142 foot series fed vertical on a cliff overlooking the ocean North.
Prop from here is more then I had hoped for. 80 is excellent, 160 can
be excellent as well. Second day of the contest started with Europe,end
to end, but they soon faded away and only a few contacts were made.
Europe reported I was coming in from the Southwest?? Most consistent
heard Europe station was LA6WEA on all four openings. K5NA was loud
for hours. W7AT was loudest with his fire sticKS over a septic tank. It
was just me and the 160 intruders on their fishing boats all night. They
have interesting stories, but have been to sea too long. Now clearing
the forest for an 80 meter four square, I will be back. 73, Rich KL7RA