[3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:27:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H,K1EBY,K1IN,KB1DFB,KM1X,N1GKI,N4XR,NB1U,W1TJL
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   94    11       36
   80:  306    22       80
   40:  340    27       97
   20:  800    35      128
   15: 1235    33      124
   10:  154    16       52
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Still needing to find a few new operators our
                   original plan was to only be M/2. Not wanting
                   to deny anyone a chance to operate we decided
                   to do a 3 station M/M. We were overdue for our
                   share of problems! The first four hours was spent
                   trying to repair any one of three amplifiers we
                   had for Station #3. Eventually we found what was
                   wrong with two but no parts to fix either. That
                   meant most of the time Station #3 was running at
                   the most 200 Watts. We did get the Kenwood TL-922
                   working only on 40 Meters so that did help the
                   second night. Contesting (especially SSB) is no fun
                   barefoot! At final count Station #3 accounted for
                   only 453 additional QSOs.

                   The station wasn't used much this summer so quite a
                   few problems popped up. We have some antenna checking
                   to do before CQWWDX CW. Maybe we can find a few more
                   operators also. CW seems to be easy to fill the seats.

                   I have to thank the crew who do operate this weekend and
                   especially N1GKI who took on the task of being our IT
                   team. The network and N1MM ran flawless.

                   Thanks for the QSOs and we will do better in CQWW DX CW.