[3830] CQWW SSB CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB CN2R(W7EJ) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:21:31 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: CN2R
Operator(s): W7EJ
Station: CN2R

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Morocco
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:
   80:
   40: 3324    34      133
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Station played well. First time with 3 rotating 40M yagis.
Condx were OK to pacific but down to UA0 and UA9, from previous years.
Nearly all QSOs were made by listening on two 160M beverages and two 4 direction
K9AY antennas.
The K9AY antennas worked very well after adding some 2 Meter long ground rods.
Listening on the transmit yagis was useless due to the S9 + 20 or more QRM from
Europe.

40M SSB is a Zoo! Last 2 contests have been SOSB efforts on 40M and I am tired
of the Frequency police, jammers, whistlers, blowers into Microphone and above
all very very loud signals from Southern Europe on such a small band.

For the BAND PLAN advocates, I suggest taking a 2 day holiday on the next CQWW
SSB. It seems it is OK for the CQWW CW test to fill the 40M phone band with CW
but the reverse is a big problem for these Police. The current BAND PLAN is
useful when there is no major contest weekend. During the major contests their
are thousands of radiomen who need space on 40M. I do not see why we have to be
restricted to 60% of the band during CQWW to allow a few 100 radiomen to have a
clear CW band.

 Most of the police used SSB to Jam but the polite jammers used CW to call
endless CQs on my frequencies.

The Jammers need to form their own organization to allow coordination of the
jamming. At times I had 5 jammers all together on my frequency. This is a waste
of good jamming talent! It is unfair to me. Good jamming talent is waisted when
they jam at the same time. This poor jamming technique allows me to make QSOs
when they take a pause. They need to synchronize and organize and avoid all
duplicate jamming and they need to make sure that all stations below 7040 are
jammed equally. Who knows, perhaps CQ could give a category for top JAMMER! If
this category is popular then they could add other categories like assisted
jamming, team jamming, low power jamming ...

Thanks to everyone who QSOed me in the test. If you called and I did not answer,
I apologise for not working you, maybe next time

Jim CN2R, W7EJ