[3830] CQWW SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, na4bw@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K4SSU(NA4BW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:49:54 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4SSU
Operator(s): NA4BW
Station: K4SSU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   23     6       11
   80:   77    15       43
   40:  118    22       61
   20:  658    30      106
   15:  595    28      101
   10:   69     9       24
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Since last trip to SSU, found some new and fairly tough line noise on anything
pointed north. That had some significant impact for us trying to do much with
anything over the pole.
Good - 15 meter run on Sunday morning for about 75 minutes; working  R1ANN and
R1ANF and V51WM one after another in the final 20 minutes of the contest, K4SSU
hospitality
Bad - see 1st pargraph.
Ugly - In the U.S. -lack of patience on the part of many op's when the DX
station clearly indicates a request for a fill on a partial call. Operating w/o
packet I did a lot of dial spinning and would happen upon many a pile up and
waiting to get the call was almost futile at times since the 'fill' station was
bombed by those 'having' to throw their call in there. Not once mind you but,
many times... The interesting take away from all this was that it was primarily
a multi op station, but NEVER did I hear this type of behavior from our top M/M
guys. Oh well - just an obsevation.
73 and thanks for the q's. Brian