[3830] CQWW SSB MI0LLL SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, party@about9.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB MI0LLL SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 04:43:14 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: MI0LLL
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40: 2409    29      118
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2409    29      118  Total Score = 561,393

Club:

Comments:

TX: FT-1000MP
ANTENNA TX: 2EL yagi XM240 @ 30m
ANTENNA RX: 2 2wl beverages US + JA
AMP: CHALLENGER II
SOFTWARE: N1MM

This is the second year running for me on 40m SOSB, and have no plans to run a
third, conditions were greatly improved from last year, although once again only
worked a few dozen of JA?s, however made up for this with the numerous great
run?s to the US.
Started off the test between 7150 and 7200 simplex to the US, but on the second
night was not getting the returns that I would get when working below 7100 and
listening up, which is where I stayed the rest of the contest, due to the amount
of stations here I figured this is where everyone was listening ??.
My overall Q?s had improved on last year but the multipliers totals were crap,
left it far to late to chase mults, my excuse was that everything was 59+20 in
QRM on the yagi, the beverages where invaluable for this size of a yagi, also
should have had got around to putting up that low dipole for EU work.
High points of the test was passing my last years score with 5-6 hours left to
run, low points hearing OK1RI working a string of ZL?s, when I just worked one
for a double mult.
Lesson that I have learned this year is that it is ok to stop running and look
for much needed mults, and to make better use of the 2nd rx on the MP.
Thanks to everyone who called.

Chris MI0LLL