[3830] CQWW SSB W6YX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6owl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6YX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 19:58:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): AA6XV K6OWL KB9ZSU N7MH W6KNS W6LD
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   53    16       18
   40:  109    21       40
   20:  450    33      111
   15:  396    30       91
   10:   50     9       16
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Six operators put W6YX on the air for about thirty hours during the CQ WW DX
phone weekend, including some HF contesting demonstrations and introductions for
a few of our members.  Although our entry is a multi-two, it was mostly a single
operator endeavor much of the time.  Congratulations to all for their excellent
scores and thanks to all for showing up and making contacts.

We also experienced better conditions on 15 and longer openings into EU than
anticipated.  Twenty meters was wall to wall stations all weekend.  Ten meters
wasn't totally dead but not worth spending a lot of time in light of the
opportunities on 15 and 20.

73 de W6YX, Stanford University.