[3830] CQWW SSB S57S SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB S57S SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:09:50 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: S57S
Operator(s): S57S
Station: S57S

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: JN76JB
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  534    26       90
------------------------------

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

This is my first HP efort from new location where we live now. I have
just 4 el. monobander for 10m so that band was the only one I can take.
The conditions was not as it was one week before contest but still
interesting.
JAs was nice surprise, also 27 ZS stations has been logged. About 900W
into one single antenna was just not enough for more than 3 USAs and some VEs.
All the time, I guess, signals came from very low vertical angle, so
some stack would be much better. I found out that South America come just
over horizont. I can hear locals working them but no signal at my location,
because of small hill in that direction. Just 20m higher land makes me
stay and wait for any QSB to pop-up from the nothnig into 33 to 44 signal.
When
this happened normally one call will be enough and - Bingo.

Well, the most interesting thing was to be called by 9O0A. I am really
interested if this isn't joke. Also VK9XD, ZL1TM and AH2R on my CQ was surrly
cream of the cake. Tnx.

73 to all,

Aleksander, S57S