[3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:27:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s):
LZ1ANA,LZ1ZD,LZ1PM,LZ1RGM,LZ1UQ,LZ1PJ,LZ2CJ,LZ2PO,LZ2UZ,LZ2UU,LZ2HM,LZ3UM,LZ3FN,LZ5VK,VASYA
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: nr Sofia
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  699     9       65
   80: 1205    23       94
   40: 1917    33      124
   20: 2763    38      144
   15: 2242    38      141
   10:  629    26       96
------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Claimed score is before log merging so result may be a bit different after log
merging is done.

SSB is not our best mode at LZ9W. Contrary to other stns we are better on
CW:-)
Guys who operated mult stn are predominantly CW fans :-( and rarely operate on
SSB.

Relatively poor condx in this year CQWW SSB. Especially it was evident for me on
160m - just 280 QSOs first night. Sunday evening top band condx improved
significantly. 15m had a deep QSB and it was difficult to dig the callsigns.
Definetly we have a problem hearing on SSB on lower bands. There was a noise
comming from the East on 160m and 80m which prevented us from working more East
located stns and multies.
We'll probably try two low, phased Inv Vees for 160m in CW part, if weather
condx permit to install them.

However sharp increase from 660 QSOs (2004) to 1205 QSOs (2005) on 80m and also
from 480 QSOs(2004) to 699 QSOs( 2005) on 160m.
4 SQR is playing well on 80m and we expect it to do even better in CW portion
with good CW ops who will operate on this band.
QSO nos increased on 40 and 20m ,too and we made a bit less on 15m than in
2004.

Thanks everyone for calling us and please do it again on CW after few
weeks:-).

OPS
160m - LZ2CJ
 80m - LZ1UQ, LZ2UU