[3830] SS CW W7WHY SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W7WHY SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:39:47 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   22
   40:   87
   20:  146
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

This is one of the best contests out there.  Just wish I would have had longer
to play in it.  Put in about 9 hours, about 95% S&P.

Saturday night skip was long on 40 and I could work the east coast prety easily,
but had a heck of a time working the midwest.  Probably the fact that I use a
vertical antenna may be a factor, but sure makes it a struggle with low power.

This was the first time I have used CAT control on both radios and it sure makes
it fun.  Finally my log is on the same page as the radio :-)  Used to forget to
switch the log to the band I was operating on and would have to go back and edit
all the Q's.

It seems as though some of the stations calling CQ must have their filters
awfully tight because sometimes I had to move my transmitter a few cycles one
way or another to get an answer.  All in all, this is a really fun contest.  73
and thanks for the Q's.

Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SAT + G4ZLP CAT cable
Radio 2   FT-840 + G4ZLP CAT cable.

Antennas:

80  dipole
40  vertical
20  home=brew 2 2l monobander
15  dipole

N1MM Logger software 5.10.13 (super software)