[3830] SS CW W8MJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8mj@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W8MJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:12:13 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ
Station: W8MJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 24.0

------------
  160:    0
   80:  308
   40:  696
   20:   77
   15:   98
   10:
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This was my first time running High Power from home for CW Sweepstakes.  I
usually operate LP. I was going to operate unassisted, but could not get my
packet operation working. Still working with old technology here with my KP2-C.
Could not get connected to the local packet connection.  The computer was
communicating with the TNC fine, but could not make the connection.  So ended up
running B power.  40 meters played really well from here, and the band was
pretty quite noise (QRN) the entire weekend.  QRN condtions on 80 both nights
made it difficult for copying.  The bevearages and 80 meter loop did help with
the receive.

Never did hear VY1JA, and no ND.

See all of you in SSB.

Ken W8MJ