[3830] CQWW SSB VE6TN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6tn@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6TN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 23:12:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6TN
Operator(s): VE6TN
Station: VE6TN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    4     2        1
   80:   10     5        4
   40:   28     5        4
   20:  549    30      107
   15:  500    22       51
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1091    64      167  Total Score = 593,901

Club: Alberta Clippers

Comments:

I was away on business and didn't get home until the second day of the contest.
I started Saturday evening with the intention of just playing a bit, nothing
serious.  Before I knew it I was several hours in and hundreds of QSO's.  Also,
the XYL had nothing serious planned for me to do so I was given an opportunity
to play radio without groveling first.

The propogation was excellent and the run rates were good.  I ran
US/Caribbean/South America for a good 2 hours.  On Sunday I ran USA again for an
hour followed by Europe for a solid 2 hours.  Later on Sunday afternoon I had
another USA/SA run and then JA's for two hours with lots of other Asian stations
calling me.  Got chased off the frequency a few times, but that is just life.

It doesn't take long to run up a thousand Q's when the propogation is actually
half decent!  Now I wish I had been able to work the first day of the contest
and run JA's and Europe, it would have been an all-time contest QSO high for
me.

Ten meters was a "NO SHOW" . . . too bad!  Because I was so tired from being
away all week working, I just couldn't stay awake and slug it out on the low
bands Saturday night.

This was all practice for the CQWW CW contest coming up.  If we can only have
propogation as good . . . . . . or even better.

Barry - VE6TN