[3830] SS SSB N3CA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mrblinux@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N3CA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:26:39 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N3CA
Operator(s): N3CA
Station: N3CA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  544
   40:  156
   20:  255
   15:   80
   10:   33
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was the first real test for my new Force 12 C3E beam at 50ft and resonant
dipoles on 40 and 80 to replace my G5RV. It was an interesting contest - I
discovered that I have audio feedback on 80m when my laptop is attached to my
radio, so I was without the voice keyer for a lot of the time. My voice is now
very sore. This was my second time doing Sweepstakes - last year I participated
with KI3DS a few weeks before earning my general.

I was surprised that I was able to get a clean sweep running low power. I s/p'd
for the first hour or two combined with short bursts of running. 10m was open to
the west coast at the start of the contest. I got all sections by 3pm Sunday,
the last being Hawaii which I found on 15m. Surprisingly, some of the last
sections I needed were Oklahoma, Santa Barbara, and Mississippi.

It was also good to hear other young ops on the air. I am 17, and I also heard
young hams KB0VVT, KC0INX, W3MTC (op W3ADX), K3ASK, N4CV, and KC2NMZ in the
contest. I'm looking for young hams to join a youth team for the next North
American QSO Party. We've had two incarnations so far. Send an email my way if
you're interested.

See you all in the 10m test.

73
Mike N3CA