[3830] SS SSB N6KI Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ki_73@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N6KI Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 00:55:13 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI, W6NOW, KB5MU, WB6NBU, N6STX, NC6X, NN6X, KG6RCW
Station: N6KI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:  183
   40:  201
   20:  587
   15:  295
   10:   18
------------

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was a great opportunity to test my new SteppIR MonstIR antenna,
especially
on 20 mtrs as I had gained 1 element over my old Telrex 40 thru 10 mtr antenna
that only sported 3 elements on 20 and was never a great performing antenna on
that band

20 was the money band and the MonstIR performed very well and was always able
to maintain my CQ freq.

Also brought in 2 newbie Contest Ops N6NOW and KG6RCW for a good training
session

Performance on 40 and 15 was awesome and hope to give it a workout in a few
weeks
in ARRL 10 mtr if we have ANY decent propagation !

The 180 Deg Swap feature worked great when we were pointed east and Hawaii
called off the back of antenna.
>From S Zip to S9+ in a couple seconds !

My small prop pitch rotator is getting more of a workout due to the weight
distribution with heavy motorized
elements on each end of the boom !

73, Dennis N6KI