[3830] SS SSB NJ1F(@K1TTT) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nj1f@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NJ1F(@K1TTT) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:59:02 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NJ1F
Operator(s): NJ1F
Station: K1TTT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.7
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  516
   40:  255
   20:  359
   15:  200
   10:    3
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

A big Thank You to Dave K1TTT for hosting me!

This was the first time that I operated with a SO2R setup.

The SS exchange makes it a real fun to do SO2R. As a matter of fact I asked a
world renowned contester who called me "How do you do SO2R in this contest?" the
answer "I don't!"

N1MM's software worked great and I did not have a single problem with the SO2R
setup of two FT-1000MP's. All issues were "Cockpit" error hitting the wrong keys
etc.. Had one issue that was related to the "live" score reporting; however the
issue was very quickly resolved.

While ruuning on 75 Sunday evening a station kept calling his friend on sked on
my frequency while I finished up an exchange. I called the station who was
shocked that I called him. I told him that I would stand by while he called his
friend. His friend never answered so I asked if I could call his friend for him
which I did for him without any response. I then told him to go ahead and take
the freq if his friend answered him. His friend did not show so he told me to
call CQ which I did. Well a few qso?s later he called in again and I stood by
while he called his friend again. This time I got a contest exchange out of him
and I stood by while he called his friends. His friends never answered and I
asked him if it would be OK if I called his friends for him? His response was
would you really do that for me? I think he was shocked when I said "yes"!

I called his friend at every other CQ. His "Friend" never answered neither of
our calls!

He told me that I went above the ?Call of duty? and the contesters were not that
bad!

Brian