[3830] SS SSB KA0GGI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, FCG@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KA0GGI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:46:27 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KA0GGI
Operator(s): KA0GGI
Station: KA0GGI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL (WCF)
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:   13
   40:  102
   20:   72
   15:   55
   10:    0
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Another Adventure from the Silverado Mobile.  I learned that the 80m CW
"stinger" for the RM-80 Hustler resonator WILL NOT load up in the phone band, no
matter how long you try to leave it.  Glad I had purchased the SSB "stinger" ...
it's quite a bit shorter and did a fine job, although a 2:1 SWR bandwidth of
only about 150 KHz, as would be expected.

40m went WAY LONG and it was almost crazy working new mults out west from WCF
with 100W with the Hustler about 6' off the ground ... some awesome 6 and 7 land
40m arrays out there that could hear me on 40m phone!

Although I DID hear every one of these, I missed:  RI, NNY, SFL(!), OK, BC, NT,
AK and PAC.

HATS OFF to the stations that stuck with me to assure the KA0GGI (mobile)
exchange was 100% in both logs.

I know I'm a "glutton for punishment (especially to try a SS SSB from the
mobile) as my FCG Brother in NFL told me, but hey ... I'm ATE UP with HAM radio,
and this set-up was the best I could manage at the time!

If this STUPID hurricane season doesn't hurry up and end, we'll be into the
HEBREW alphabet soon !

73s   Frank (aka Mr. t0ad)    KA0GGI