[3830] CQWW CW W9WI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougw9wi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W9WI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:06:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): abunch

  160:   22     7        8
   80:   94    15       48
   40:  142    19       66
   20:  409    29      101
   15:  184    21       73
   10:   36    10       23
------------------------------
Total:  887   101      319  Total Score = 1,023,540

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was a fairly half-hearted effort - having missed the first seven and last
two hours to work, and a bunch in the middle to warm weather outdoor exercise
and an insistence on sleep...  But in contesting, the goal is to have fun -- and
for that, this was definitely a Top 10 finish.

Propagation wasn't the best, nor was it the worst...  80 & 40 seemed much better
on Friday night; 15 was definitely better on Sunday.  Things started getting
noisy as Sunday went on, I suppose to be expected given the weather out west.

There was always a (usually pleasant) surprise around the next band change.
Some of them didn't end up in the log, as I didn't feel like sitting in
pileups...  but I don't think I've ever heard a UK or EY on 40 before, and 9N7JO
was definitely interesting.

It would be interesting to find out what was up with PJ2T's 10m transmitter...
"596 04" may have been generous...