[3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ya@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:14:30 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  556    30      106
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

On 15m from west coast USA it was obvious that we are in the bottom of the
cycle.  My score on this band was the worst since 1996.  Europeans were weak and
very few.  The first morning I was only able to work 8 of them; on Sunday I was
able to work 37 more... still very poor.  Most didn't move the S-meter.  It took
a long time to figure out who was at the bottom of many pileups; quite a few
were never strong enough to ID. I called LZ9W many times before he faded away
and was never able to find another zone 20.  Ten zones were not in my log.  This
was the fewest zones I ever had on 15m in CQWW.  In spite of this zone 37/39 was
a very accessible area, even with poor signals.  This is what makes CQWW a
special challenge and great fun.