[3830] CQWW CW 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4zfe@g4zfe.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 9M2CNC(@9M2RPN) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:11:19 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 9M2CNC
Operator(s): E21EIC, 9M2CNC
Station: 9M2RPN

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Kuala Lumpur
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  228    23       50
   40:  785    32      100
   20:  903    37      111
   15: 1337    32      103
   10:   60    14       23
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Station:

Run 1: IC-756 Pro, IC-PW1 amplifier, Force 12 C3-S at 12m

Run 2: FT1000MP MkV, Acom 1010 amplifier, 40m Inverted V at 12m, 80m Inverted V
at 12m, 20m half wave sloper towards Europe

Operators - K. Champ, E21EIC and Rich, 9M2CNC (G4ZFE)

Thank you to Khun Champ to coming down to Kuala Lumpur for the CQWW CW weekend.
Putting on a M2 contest operation was fun and a welcome change from my usual
single operator contests. The category was really M1.5 and the two stations were
effectively high band and low band as the 20m sloper picked up too much RF from
the beam.

Conditions were OK on the high bands but excellent on the low bands. 80m was
outstanding and this was the first time I have been able to run effectively from
9M2 on 80m despite just using a low dipole.

Highlights:

1. A 181 hour on 40m using an inverted V antenna!

2. DXCC on 15m, 20m and 40m.

3. Very low band noise on 80m for the first night with static the second night

Lowlights:

1. Chinese OTHR radio that zapped 40m the first night. Grrr...

2. Some really embarassing callsign screw-ups by G4ZFE - JW1CCA copied twice as
JJ1CCA, TZ5A as T95A, K5ZD as K5DD (now to haunt me thanks to K5ZD's on-line
audio :-)

N1MM was great with only one crash during the whole weekend despite only
learning about the multi-op features the day before the contest.

Thank you for all the QSOs.

73 de Rich, 9M2CNC and Champ E21EIC