[3830] CQWW CW DL8MBS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW DL8MBS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:34:16 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Erfurt
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:   53     3       27
   80:  182     8       45
   40:  185    16       67
   20:  120    17       39
   15:   30     7       14
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: IC 718
Antennas: 80m-Inverted-L (used also as allband-ant, surprisingly easy convinced
to work on 160m, too...)
40m-wire-vertical
40m-doublet (InvV)
No cluster, packet etc.

As usual a few wires quickly strung friday night with a headlamp in the dark to
the amusement of the neighbours. Worked mostly nightshifts for the regular
family activities at first advent including caring for our little daughter with
a heavy flu. With everything to be shared in families it lasted only until
sunday noon that the viruses reached me and stopped operating. Slowly recovering
I for sure will read now about how brillant conditions were sunday
afternoon...
But especially 40m made up for that with some nice surprises like 8Q, 9N, FP
(little pistol perspective).

On the bad side an ever increasing number of CQ-beacons, supposedly
SO2R-stations. With the high activity even big guns couldn´t work every
multiplier with the first call, so the CQ-frequency was unattended for quite a
time. There were other strong stations calling with me simultaneously for up to
five CQs, but no answer. At a sudden the op worked us callers quickly in a row,
getting all callsigns including my weak signal at the first instant.

Still asthonishing for me are the copying abilities of most UA-operators. Even
with S-0-Signals on 15m they got my call immediately and needed the fewest
repeats.

So thanks for all the Qs (especially the difficult ones) and best 73,
Chris (DL8MBS)