[3830] CQWW CW G6M(G4KIV) SOSB/20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G6M(G4KIV) SOSB/20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:02:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G6M
Operator(s): G4KIV
Station: G6M

Class: SOSB/20 LP
QTH: UK
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1338    36      129
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1338    36      129  Total Score = 454,080

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

Tough going without a linear but worked almost everything I heard
(eventually).

Couldn't bust the pileups for  Alaska, Hawaii and Chile ... and I never even
heard zone 2 ?

Used a 204BA at 85' with a Yaesu FT1000Mk5 driving it - Writelog at the business
end which performed flawlessly again  :-)

Alongside me, M0IPX was running SO 80m amongst quite a bit of static !

I did manage to spend 35hours on the radio - I think the reason for that was our
hosts filled me up with so much food that I couldn't get up !!  The plan must
have worked  *lol*

Great fun, even though I spent 40mins trying to bust through the pileup to Zone
26 !!

Score is better than last year so must be getting better but nowhere near the DX
rates running ZC4BS though  ;-)

Hope to be back next year - if I have not sold the radio that is.

Steve  G4KIV