[3830] CQWW CW G4EDG SOSB/40 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4edg@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4EDG SOSB/40 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:32:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4EDG
Operator(s): G4EDG
Station: G4EDG

Class: SOSB/40 QRP
QTH: Exeter
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:
   80:
   40:  503    23       96
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

This was my 5th SOSB QRP effort (Just 160m remaining) and the first that needed
the full 48 hour attention. I had two antennas, an inverted vee @ 12m and an
elevated ground plane @ 8m above ground. The GP was outstanding?.. 3 S points up
on the inverted vee on DX, the inverted vee was better on the real close in
stuff  and strangely the RA0 in zone 19 (who couldn?t hear me!) Highlights:
experiencing a fantastic but very short opening to JA, where the JA signals were
fluttery and very loud and the pileup weak and in the background and finding
9M2CNC for a double mult in the last few minutes of the contest, YES! See you
next year on 160m

Thanks to Jeff, G4ELZ for helping me get the GP airborne, and Dave, G3MIR for
the loan of his superb fiberglass mast.

73 Steve G4EDG