[3830] CQWW CW KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KP3Z(NP4Z) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:40:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP3Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: KP3Z

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KP4
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  273    16       56
   80:  919    18       81
   40: 1176    24       90
   20: 1583    31      102
   15: 1380    23       92
   10:  307    18       51
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hardware wise, I was not ready, but mentally I was... I was set to operate the
48 hrs and not worry about strategy or plans a or b.. My only plan was to kill
40 mtrs with my acom and my yagi @140' on 40 mtrs... Guess what? the 40 mtrs
antenna broke 1 hour before the contest.. my motivation was so high that I said
.. no problem , I'll load the 160 sloper and use it for 40..

My stack match broke too I took it out.. the second radio keying interface
stop working, I took it out...
I only had one amp so SO2R was limited to 100 w on the second radio... but
everything worked out.

As randy said... where was 9y4XX.. where was UA9AYA? just heard him a couple of
times... well 9y4 is a hard path on the high bands anyway..

The propagation was facinating with my sloper on 40 performing very well..
operated 47 hrs, took to  20 min breaks to eat each day, enjoyed every second of
the contest and I feel like a winner!
In fact im posting early so I can be on first place even for a few hours
before all the CT3's and P40's start posting their score...

congrats to all..

Felipe
NP4Z (kp3z)

Team