[3830] CQWW CW HC8N M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, merchant@garlic.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HC8N M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:25:49 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: HC8N
Operator(s): N5KO, W6NL, K6BL, K6AW, W4OI, K2UA, N2MG, N6AN
Station: HC8N

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Galapagos
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1092    21       78
   80:  1671    31      111
   40:  3726    37      138
   20:  3638    39      159
   15:  3622    38      148
   10:  1517    29       94
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

A small but powerful group this trip.  We had a few days to work on antennas and
other stn maintenance.  Local power problems forced us to run on our 20kw
generator for a day and a half early in the week and then again for the entire
contest weekend, all without any major problems.

High band prop was pretty dismal on 10 and not great on 15, but the lower bands
took up the slack.  New guys W4OI (20m), K2UA (40m) and N2MG (80m) showed they
have what it takes to produce a winning score.

Lots of stories to tell in a later writeup.  On memorable bit of fun yesterday
was a 5 band pass of 5T5SA about an hour before the end of the contest - still
daylight for us, of course.

Congrats to the VooDudes at TZ and all the other multi´s who make the
competition so much fun.  And thanks for all the Q´s!

73, Steve K6AW