[3830] CQWW CW W6YX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6owl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:43:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): AA6XV K6OWL KJ9U W6RK
Station: W6YX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: USA
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:    7     5        4
   80:  145    21       46
   40:  357    30       96
   20:  439    33       95
   15:  198    22       49
   10:   13     6       10
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Four operators (Dave AA6XV, Mark K6OWL, John KJ9U, and Risto W6RK) kept W6YX on
the air for all but eight of the 48 hours of the contest, generally just one
transmitter but sometimes both stations of the multi-two were active.  Several
of our usual players sought better propagation in the lower latitudes or
attended to family matters over the holiday weekend; those who were able to
participate found conditions reasonably enjoyable for this part of the cycle,
with relatively stable geomagnetic conditions combined with somewhat augmented
solar flux.

Worked 36 zones overall -- missed zones 2 (NE North America), 22 (India), 34 (NE
Africa), and 39 (Madagascar).

Our most significant periods of sustained running were to JA on 40, 20, and 15
(peaking at 135 Qs/hr).  About half of our contacts were to Asia and Ocenia
combined, another third to NA and SA combined.  Just over 10% were to EU and 3%
to AF, although we found periods of good transmission conditions to these
regions as well (primarily on 40 and 20) but not enough to support more than S&P
efforts in these directions.  Ten meters seemed open only to the carribean and
SA from our perch on the west coast but with very limited activity.

           160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    SA       1      7     21     27     23     11      90     7.8
    NA       6     69     93     86     38      2     294    25.4
    AS       0     49    141    233    118      0     541    46.7
    OC       0      9     18     17     14      0      58     5.0
    EU       0      7     67     61      0      0     135    11.6
    AF       0      4     17     15      5      0      41     3.5

Thanks from all of us for the contacts.

73, Mark K6OWL