[3830] CQWW CW VP5W M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VP5W M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:05:40 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VP5W
Operator(s): W7VV, N6MZ, K9JF, VE7XF
Station: VP5W

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Turks & Caicos
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  443    14       61
   80:  836    23       97
   40: 2448    34      123
   20: 2484    34      125
   15: 2006    32      123
   10:   49    15       28
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

We had a great time from Jody's (VP5JM) "Hamlet".  Carried lots of gear and
antennas with us.  Everything worked OK with minor problems which were solved as
we continued.

Low bands were awesome with a "short" beverage.  Didn't know so much DX was
active on 160.  Why can't we hear these stations in Washington???

DXCC on 3 bands and nearly the fourth.

10 meters was interesting.  Could hear southern Caribbean and South American
stations running US and some Europe but no copy from here.  Called some of the
east coast mega-stations but they couldn't hear us.  Wonder what kind of
propagation this was...

Learned to love conch and VP5 shrimp!  Looking forward to next year and future
sunspots.  Back to the cold Pacific Northwest later this week.

Thanks for all the QSO's.  We had a blast!!!