[3830] CQWW CW YW4D(YV1DIG) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, yv1dig@cantv.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW YW4D(YV1DIG) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 08:25:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: YW4D
Operator(s): YV1DIG
Station: YV4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Camatagua
Operating Time (hrs): 46

  160:  261    13       57
   80:  707    22       84
   40: 1075    28       94
   20: 1119    32       76
   15: 1288    30      106
   10:  378    17       34
------------------------------

Club: Radio Club Venezolano

Comments:

Happy and proud of my 1st SOAB after many years of SOSB, I plot a nice strategy
to leave 20m up to the sunday, it worked very well but sunday's prop on 20 was
not as expected (band opened 4 hours earlier than expected and I missed it !,
what a bad way to loose a 600-800 aditional qsos and a bunch of mults) , so I
must learn from my mistakes. Thanks to all who called me, and my apologies to
those who didn't make into the log. Results short of about 1K qso's to be in the
battle.... well, it's ever a new chance ahead !

My thanks also to YV5KG for his work a week before on the YV4A's antennas, to
YV5AMH and the Venezuelan DX Club for giving me the chance to use their great
contest site and to be there all the weekend as a support as well as YV5JBI.

10 meters were out of duty as expected but I figured to chase some skewed path
prop to raise my numbers. Amazed by the 160m, reaching EU at 1st call on a CQWW
is not an everyday situation, and took my hat off on VY2ZM's performance, well
done !!. 80 in great shape as well as 15, 40 was as expected a nice running band
despite it was packed.

Rig: FT1000 mkV
Amp: Alpha 87A
Antennas:
160m - double L & inv V both at 100'
80m - 4 square at 136'
40m - 4 elem at 138'
20m - 5 elem at 130' & 5 elem at 65'
15m - 6 elem at 90'
10m - 7 elem at 50'

All qsos were hand keyed

QSL via EA7JX

Congrats to everyone for such a nice contest

Regards

Paul YV1DIG