[3830] CQWW CW FP/K8DD M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8dd@k8dd.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW FP/K8DD M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 07:49:54 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: FP/K8DD
Operator(s): AC8W K8AQM K8DD K8GL K8MM W8IQ
Station: FP/K8DD

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Miquelon Is
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160: 1001    17       70
   80: 1977    20       96
   40: 2049    28      110
   20: 2184    24       95
   15:  737    19       82
   10:   17     8       12
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

160M/15M  K2/100 MFJ ALS 500M  1/2 wave dipole / 2 el delta loops phased
 80M/20M  K2/100 SB-200        Double L / Spiderbeam
 40M      IC-706 FL-2100       Phased HF2V's & dipole
 10M/Mult Alinco DJ-70         3 1/4 wave verts / Force 12 Sigma

Other than 60 MPH winds the Wednesday before the contest the
weather was near-perfect.  We hit almost 60 degrees (and sunny) on a
couple of the days.

With no packet and only three stations with modest amps and Field Day
antennas we did well.  Those K2's are quite the rig!

A big thanks to N8CC, K9OT and the VE7SV crew for help with planning.
Christina at the MAXOTEL spoke warmly about the "large group from
British Columbia that took over half the place" in the WW SSB contest in
2004.  All three of the aforementioned operations (plus those by W8MV
and others whose call escape me) certainly have paved the way for the
MAXOTEL to be so ham radio friendly. They even have a bunch of QSL's on
the wall where you register for the hotel, plus space for the storage of
coax, masts, wire and antennas.

10 meters was the letdown as was 15 - they really did not open for us;
160/80/40 were the pleasant suprises and 20 was 20!  Having MW5A call
in with 17 seconds to go for QSO #1000 on 160 was a thrill.
By the time the logs were merged, one more was added to the total.