[3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:13:48 -0800

Comments:

TS-870 (Sat), IC-765 (Sun)
Alpha 91b

160m: longwire
80m: dipole
40m: 3 el yagi
20m: 4/4/4el yagi
15m-10m: KT34XA

Too many Mr. Murphy visits this year. Problems included no 160m antenna the
first night (Santos made a random wire for second night), some non-functional
rotators (=15m and 10m beams beaming to odd directions) and had to change rig
Sunday morning 05 am.

160m: longwire was doing its job, much missed "the real antenna". And let's say
it: as SOAB low signal here you work pile up when you are spotted on cluster -
when you are not, you can just call, call, call ...
80m: good propagation and not so bad QRN like last year, got almost nothing on
Sunday evening when 40m was good.
40m: great band, it would have been easy to break 3000 qsos and an old EU record
here.
20m: closed too early, no openings night time
15m: just an average, no high rates even from Europe, some from US
10m: called and called and called, my usual money band was useless this time,
with SO2R would have worked more. No US worked. Only some LU and VK9AA were
loud. The biggest suprise was to be called by OH1F on the empty band.

This is the most likely my last year with SO1R, next year time to upgrade. I was
joking to my host, that in year 2017 we have everything working and OK :)

Thanks again to my Portuguese family CT1DVV, CT1ESV, CT1YQM, Carla & Andre -
super job and OBRIGADO!

Congrats to Toni OH2UA/CU2A for a super score (claimed score breaking my EU
record). Go CCF!