[3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W9RE Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 18:54:40 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

Total:  QSOs = 930  Sections = 76  Countries = 16  Total Score = 176,732

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Ran the first night until 0630z then just dabbled the second day.

Conditions on 1st day seemed the best I've ever experienced from here.  Worked
ON4UN at 2239z and first west coast (K7RL) at 2249z about 3 or 4 hours earlier
then normal for me.  Still somewhat deaf to the NE (Europe) because of powerline
noise that direction that just started about 4 weeks ago. Missed LAX, what's up
with that?

VE2OJ was loud the entire daylight period and like they said the band was open
pretty good during daylight hours something that rarely ever happens.

Thanks for all the q's seemed like activity in general was up!

With conditions so good I almost reconsidered and put in a full effort but felt
limited by only one radio.  2nd 781 was apart trying to find the hum problem
report last weekend.  With K9XV's help we determined that it was not the radio
but must be a station accessory that was putting the hum on the CW signal.

     W9RE 2005 ARRL 160

  HOUR  160CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------   -----   -----
   22     143     143     143