[3830] ARRL 160 W8JI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8ji@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W8JI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:40:15 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W8JI
Operator(s): W8JI
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 1474  Sections = 78  Countries = 47  Total Score = 455,500

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It has been very depressing letting the station sit dark during the CQWW 160 CW.
I wanted to shake out the station in case I can get a multi-op going from here
in January. Overloaded with work, so never got things put together. Was actually
wiring and debugging station while operating during first night, and that's a
major chore!

Worked almost half the contest with a handpaddle and non-memory keyer because
the logging software crashed over and over. Notes to self:

1.) never change software just before contest

2.) try to do wiring and antennas at least a week before the contest, instead of
the same day as the contest

3.) get a toilet in the rig room, or a rig in the toilet room

Bad thunderstorms Saturday night so shut down during prime DX time for several
hours.

Still, it was nice hearing and working so many familiar calls. Lots of fun
despite constant problems.