[3830] ARRL 160 WE9V(@K9RO) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, we9v@qth.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WE9V(@K9RO) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:25:10 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): WE9V
Station: K9RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 816  Sections = 77  Countries = 11  Total Score = 146,784

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A very fun contest.  Operated the first 9 hours only.
Due to plans to visit my parents for the weekend, I decided
to delay the trip until Saturday and operate the first night
of the contest.  Due to high RFI at my place and no RX ants,
I asked my neighbor K9RO (about 3 miles away) if I could op
from his place.  He has similar noise on his vertical, but
has 3 sets of 1100 foot 2-wire beverages that really made
the difference.  The bad news is that his Mark V only has
cascaded 250 Hz filters, so I had to constantly ride the
RIT to hear people who were not exactly on my frequency.
I'm sure I missed many, many people who called me off freq.

Overall, a great time.  I didn't want to go home and I
really wanted to operate the second night.  I have yet to
ever operate this contest 'full' time, and this wes my
biggest effort since 1996 at the old KS9K station.  Maybe
next year.  (I say that all the time.)

On another note, the foot is doing much better.  The pain
is down to more of a discomfort now.  After two months off
of work, I'm returning this week to mostly full time status.
Next surgery was supposed to be today to remove the metal
hardware, but is postponed two weeks so the bones can
grow more.  Overall, even with the two week setback, I
think things are going well.  I just wish I could start
walking again or even put some weight on the foot.  My
good foot is sore from all that weight on one foot and
my palms hurt from the darn crutches....hurts more than
my bad foot...LOL.

Hope to see y'all in the Stew Perry.

Chad WE9V
http://www.we9v.com