[3830] ARRL 160 K8FC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8fc@k8fc.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8FC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:45:20 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8FC
Operator(s): K8FC
Station: K8FC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 733  Sections = 78  Countries = 8  Total Score = 128,140

Club: Pikes Peak DX Association

Comments:

I really look forward to this contest each year.  This year was no exception.
Murphy struck me good right
out of the gate.  I missed the first three hours of the contest (most important
time in my estimation) due to a rig
keying problem. Finally, only a master cpu reset solved the original problem but
created more work at the same time.
By the time I finally got underway, it was already late on the east coast and I
am sure I missed a bunch of calls.  Conditions
here in southern Colorado were decent on Friday evening.  Of course, no
Europeans were heard at my location which is
pretty much normal here.  Receive ants consist of 5 beverages and two phased
pennants.  Transmit ants are full size
inverted "V" at 80 feet and a Inv "L".  I have a Titanex V160 I hope to get up
soon.  Saturday night conditions were
horrible here.  The QRN level was s9 or better in all directions on the
beverages.  I apologize to all the folks I could
not hear due to the noise.  Being an alligator is not fun.  For the second year
in a row, JT1CO made the log and I
was extremely pleased with that qso.  As an end result of the troubles and noise
my qso's were down 30 % over last
year, worked two less countries and one section.  Never the less, it still
remains one of my favorite contests. Thanks
to the 24 Colorado stations who gave me 2 points.  Missed MB and NT only, I
really don't think that NT was on, at least
I never heard one.  See ya all in the SP !