[3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7tjr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:00:54 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7TJR
Operator(s): K7ZUM  K7TJR
Station: K7TJR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 27.5

Total:  QSOs = 846  Sections = 77  Countries = 9  Total Score = 146,544

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I worked the first night alone as K7ZUM did not want to make the 150 mile trip
after work over the snowy mountains at night. First contact was the LOUD 6Y0.
One big surprise was the intermittent 20 over 9 street light noise from my
little town of 850 people, go figure. Highlights were being called by the F6 on
my CQ and working OK1 in the window. ON4UN was in the window too but the pile-up
was always so large I never heard more than his call. I think the DX would work
many more people if the callers would just back off a little bit and let the
freq clear out. Some people never stopped calling right over the DX. Thanks to
all the DX stations (even the Carib's are dx to us here in the NW) who kept
trying while we switched around the 12 different RX antennas at times.  The Ja's
were few and far between as I was hoping for about 120 as we did in the CQ-160.
Darn. I really enjoyed the ZLs, especially ZL3IX (he and I share circular
antenna array stuff)and the BV4. I really enjoyed also receiving private e-mails
complimenting the Orion and Titans keying. I think I will make the Stew soon and
for sure the CQ-160. I wish this 8 inches of snow would go away so I could
string up just one more Beverage. Oh well Next time.. Great Fun in the High
Desert of Central Oregon.