[3830] CQWW CW TZ5A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kc7v@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TZ5A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:42:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TZ5A
Operator(s): AA7A, K5VT, N7NG, K7WP, KC7V, KY7M, G3PJT, G3SXW, G4BWP, G4IRN
Station: TZ5A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Bamako, Mali
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   337    16       65
   80:   662    22       90
   40:  2586    37      139
   20:  4227    40      153
   15:  3728    39      152
   10:   575    25       93
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

10m was a huge disappointment this year.  We expected to be down but not by over
2,000 QSO's from our 2004 totals at 5U5Z.  We were also down on 80m possibly due
to the location of the antenna.  It had the 5 story hotel blocking the path
towards the US and partially EU but it was the only spot we could put the
antenna.

15 and 20 were very good and carried the load for us.  40 was the typical zoo
with the band open to the USA, JA and EU all at the same times.  We suffered as
usual on the lowbands during the contest.  Lots of noise and crowded conditions.

Our operation was field day style.  We spent 2 days driving to and from
Bobo-Dioulasso picking up our equipment from storage after our 2004 effort.  We
had everything ready to go outside by noon on Thursday and inside by Friday
morning.  Everything worked and no major failures.  There were a few computer
glitches but we worked through them.  Interent access was somewhat limited so we
did not always have the spotting network going.  We used 7 K2/100's this year
along with 7 Alpha amps.

Thanks to all who moved bands for us and for the QSO's.  It was another
wonderful experience and we look forward to being back in Mali in 2006 for the
best contest of the year.

Congratulations to HC8N for another superb effort - well done guys.

73,
TZ5A