[3830] CQWW CW LZ9R(LZ3YY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LZ9R(LZ3YY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 00:02:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9R
Operator(s): LZ3YY
Station: LZ3YY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Aitos
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:  131     7       47
   80:  343    12       65
   40:  378    22       94
   20:  410    26       85
   15:  173    27       62
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

TS850SAT 100w   160m pair of Inv. vees
                80/40 Linear loaded vertical
                20/15/10 broken 2el. quad and pair of phased verticals N/S

 Yes we have some visit from mr.Murphy this time.
When arrive at contest site about 2100z friday night I observe that
2el quad - main high band antenna is seriously damaged by heavy winds.
One of supported rope was gone and alu mast had some strange vision
lower half vertical and upper half bent about 15 deg. into north :((.
some of wire elements were cut but luckily on lower side so I and
my father LZ1TA were able to repair quads using tools from both cars.
So I start contest exactly at 0000z and had a good time on low bands,
but later I discover that quad did not work well on 15/10 meters.specially
into NA and Asia.Despite good SWR it seems that mast bending allow me
to heat ground in the nearest hills :)), but not to work DX.
So at saturday I had to stop contest and quickly install pairs of 1/4 phased
verticals on 20/15/10. Verticals helped a lot and I had many new ones in the
log
Only 10m was dissapointing and my only QSO was LZ5XQ some 30km east of me.
Heard a lot on low bands but with 100w it was hard to make real DX.
Was pleased to hear most of caribbeans on 160m but with strong EU/NA pile
did not work any of them.
Remarkable QSOs on 160 was VY2ZM,W4ZV  both with first call !!
R1MVC,OJ0J,3V5A,OY9JD ..
80m - R1MVC,8Q7DV,WP2Z,FP/K8DD,ZD8A some of them new ones
40m - 8Q7DV,9N7JO,C6AUR etc.
and of course TZ5A on 20/15 for new one dxcc

At 1250z sunday I stop and dismantle Quad for repair.
Now plans are for two new masts and spider beams.
Many thanks for all QSOs and patience with my weak signal.
73 and CU in CQWW 160m if the weather stay good.
 Nasko LZ9R (LZ3YY)