[3830] ARRL 10 W4ZW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W4ZW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:46:33 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

   CW:  147    49
  SSB:   29    21
-------------------
Total:  176    70  Total Score = 45,220

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Soapbox:  Weird conditions which actually made it interesting.
Having two yagis and with the SteppIR's quick reverse feature
made for some inetresting observations.  Backscatter worked best,
but sometimes a direct path was better.  Skewed paths.  Pointing
the SteppIR NE/SW in bi-directional mode was inetresting.  An OH6,
two EA8's called in followed by a XE1 and a bunch of W6's.  Woked
the NE beaming 135.  The Africans were solid as were thw ZL's when
they were in.  Only had little slices of time for this since my kids
were performing in Chorals all weekend. WN1GIV was LOUD and everywhere
as was K4OJ, K1TO, WK2G, and of course K5KG on the next island north
of me here.  Sure miss the good old days!  20% of my Q's were FL!