[3830] TBDC VE3KZ Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3kz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] TBDC VE3KZ Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:19:48 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: VE3KZ
Operator(s): VE3KZ
Station: VE3KZ

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FN03bm
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 236  Total Score = 2,124

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first Stew Perry contest! Conditions much better than I could take advantage
of using QRP. A whole layer of untouchable Europeans! Quite a few West Indies as
well plus one KH6 heard but not worked. P40 was the only DX worked. Best
distance was that 8 pointer and N2NL, the only California or CM grid I could
reach. It was noticeably easier to work CN grids, just a little closer. Here's
the breakdown regarding number of QSO's at each point distance:
1 - 76
2 - 94
3 - 35
4 - 10
5 - 6
6 - 8
7 - 4
8 - 2
Average points per QSO was 2.25.
Number of grids worked = 107

I am standing by for the log checking with some trepidation. There were many
cases where I was battling the QSB/noise level at the other end with numerous
repeats and I sincerely hope that when I heard the station start CQing again
that my grid was finally copied and I hadn't stepped on his QSL with one too
many repeats. After taking many calls to break through originally, it just
didn't seem reasonable to waste his/her time doing it all over again. Maybe next
time I'll run 100W! I hope that lots of the stations I worked were QRP ;-)
I don't recall having any real trouble copying any of the exchanges. I either
heard you well or I didn't at all. If you were running QRP and couldn't raise
me, my apologies.

Thanks for all your patience and hard digging. Season's Greetings to one and all
and the best to you in 2006!

73 Bob VE3KZ