[3830] NCCC Sprint(12-30) K7NV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nv@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(12-30) K7NV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:09:29 -0800
                    NCCC Thursday Sprint (12-30)

Call: K7NV
Operator(s): K7NV
Station: K7NV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  24
   40:  17
   20:
---------------------
Total:  41     Mults = 10  Total Score = 410

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Forgot to post my thing last week...sorry, but it was a disaster. Got started
late and then tried to make all my 40m q's on the 160 antenna (switch still
there on R1 from the Stew Perry, didn't figure it out till later).
It was 31 x 9, the last 10 min's went pretty well.

This week:
Missed NV (no surprise) and MA (never heard). I heard & called lots of you guys
more times than we worked....

Fun as usual, thanks for getting on!

WD0T and I had a pipeline going on 80. Keep that low Vee Beam Todd, you were
loud here!

I almost got excited to almost have a back-to-back with W9RE, but Mike didn't
come back when I answered his cq on 80, he must have found someone to work on 40
where I had just worked him.

I got whipped pretty bad on 80 calling the eastern guys, there was a stretch
there where I had to listen to 5 q's get made before Todd was the guy getting
the freq. He & RO were the only ones I got first time every time. I guess an inv
vee @ 45' is still a pretty good antenna since it's what you've got.

I'm going to have to twist a few arms to get a couple more west coast guys on
who can hear me the first time......;-)

This NS series has been great fun and really helped my contesting. Thanks to you
who participate and make it so!

Happy New Year!
73, Kurt

P.S. Like N6RO said, next two weeks are NAQP warmups.

And, here's a heads up for those that might be interested....we are working on
having ARRL RTTY Roundup practices next week the half hour before the regular
practice time slot and again on Friday. Look for the announcements on the
CQ-Contest reflector.