[3830] RTTY Roundup ZL3TE(W3SE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3SE@dxer.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup ZL3TE(W3SE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 00:05:59 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ZL3TE
Operator(s): W3SE
Station: ZL3TE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auckland
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:
   40:   53
   20:   88
   15:   74
   10:
------------
Total:  215  State/Prov = 26  Countries = 31  Total Score = 12,255

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Propagation surely favored the North.  100 Less Q's, 17 fewer mults translates
to, 10K points less than last year's score.  Only 73 US contacts, along with 56
JA's in the log.  Rest were EU with a little Asia sprinkled in.  Almost half my
40M Q's were JA, with 15 US.  The EU Openings were short for me on 40, there
were not many near my Sunrise.  Decided to take first off period long after EU
Sunset. Bands seemed to drop off after my sunrise.

All in all it was good, but a long, slow 24 Hrs with only 215 Q's, highlight
worked 2 new ones overall.  Polar Flutter on the 40M EU sigs made for tough copy
at times. That has always been a fun contest.

Thanks for the Q's, Happy New Year to all,

Wes W3SE / ZL3TE