[3830] RTTY Roundup VE9DX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VE9DX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 05:42:40 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:  317
   40:  128
   20:  213
   15:   75
   10:    0
------------
Total:  733  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 43  Total Score = 70,368

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Great time...
80m:  My best results ever on 80.  Doesn't sound like much but with my low
power, I was pleased with the results.  Bunch of European's, an African and a
couple South American's (17 countries in all) were entered in the log plus a
bunch of West Coast US.  Did work a AL7 but he was portable in 7 land.
40m:  Did not spend much time on 40 this year. The total number of Q's shows
that.  Again worked an KL7 but this time he was portable in 9 land...!
20m:  Lots of stations to be worked.  Found stations from 14.060 to 14.130
Really crowded.  Anytime I found a spot to run, within 4 or 5 minutes, the big
guns moved in so I ended up moving alot.  Finally worked a AL1 for the mult.
15m:  Not real good at the times I was available.  Nice little run though late
Sunday afternoon to the West Coast.
10m:  Listened often, heard NOTHING.
Really did not look for mults.  I just took what came my way.  Missed (never
heard) DE, DC and NV.
My very last contact AJ1M - 23:59:40 in West Virginia ...NEW.
Was totally amazed with the number of VA/VE3's worked.
What a great way to finish off a month's holidays.  Contest finished at 8 PM
local time.  Up and off to work 3:30 AM Monday...!
Logs will be uploaded later today to LOTW.
Thanks to every one that called.  73 and a HNY from our house to yours to all.
Andy (VE9DX)

Software:  Writelog with MMtty  (worked flawlessly again -ole faithful)
           30 watts to an all band Butternut Vertical

FYI.  My vertical is located on a small lake behind our house.  The feed point
is about 1/2 foot above the water line.