[3830] RTTY Roundup K7BG Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K7BG Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 07:31:54 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K7BG
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7BG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
   80:  119
   40:   77
   20:  205
   15:  116
   10:    2
------------
Total:  519  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 20  Total Score = 36,330

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

Ran a very "low" high power (200w) cuz I don't like the smell of smoke and this
mode makes me nervous. This was the most "serious" I have ever been in this
contest if you can call running MFJCOM software on an MFJ 1278 into the mic jack
of the rig on LSB serious. I used a little 15 year old notebook computer to send
and I logged using NA software on another computer. I transmitted on LSB and
tuned down 2.27 KHz to listen on RTTY mode so I could utilize the narrower
filters. Very labor intensive way to operate. Maybe I better find a DIN plug for
the back of the 765 for next year. My muscles were sore from all the back and
forth movements. I think I need to figure this mode out, but it sounds like some
of the ops that have it all down with the latest and greatest tools are feeling
like backseat operators with their computers doing all the work. Not so here. If
there was video footage of the manipulations I went through to run stations, the
guys in the white coats would be here already taking me to happy acres.

Had quite a bit of fun. Highlights, being called by a couple ZS's and working
9M2CNC and VR2BG.

Thanks to Fred, N7MNY for my only MT Q.

73,
Matt--K7BG