[3830] RTTY Roundup W8JWN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W8JWN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 08:19:00 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W8JWN
Operator(s): W8JWN
Station: W8JWN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Iron Mountain, MI
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
   80:   84
   40:  213
   20:  240
   15:   42
   10:    0
------------
Total:  579  State/Prov = 51  Countries = 46  Total Score = 56,163

Club:

Comments:

I started out as SO2R but after only 4 contacts in the first hour(I forgot how
to use the filters on the 1000MP for RTTY!!!) and none on the second radio, I
gave up on the SO2R idea. I was trying to use my old TS830 and had difficulty
tuning in the RTTY signals. I gave up and went to one radio!  I found out that
using two radios and two computers is was too dificult for me.  Also, the beam
on the second radio was just warming the snow (an ice storm had bent the sidearm
and the beam was aiming in a non-propagation area).  Not much propagation on 15
meters from this location and 10 was a void.  However, 40 meters was hot for
both days of the contest.  I had nice runs on 40 on Sunday. I forgot to plan for
church and therefore took 7 hours off instead of 6.  Where were the OC and AS
areas?  Only one AF worked. I learned a lot about preparation for SO2R!  The
second radio should be more modern and two sound cards and one computer should
be used, since I have the best software program for contesting.   N1MM Logger
worked flawlessly.